Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nana, Pop-pop, Lauren, and Carter come to town

So this is a little belated, but a few weeks ago we had Marlon's parents, sister, and our nephew Carter in town. Carter is 10 months old and quite the cutie! We had to get the kids dressed up in some WVU gear for one of Marlon's soccer games we went to:

Aunt Lauren and Kellan


Carter and Kellan

Kellan enjoying some oatmeal with applesauce (I'm not sure how much he actually swallowed but he was happy while trying it!) This photo was taken prior to my previous post so he still isn't really eating much--this was one of my few attempts.

A sweet big sister and her little brother

Alex proudly displaying our first picks from our homegrown tomatoes and peppers. She has loved watering and taking care of the plants, which we just did this year in some large pots. Next summer I plan to do an actual garden and expand our variety of vegetables.

As an update to our previous post, we have had a few good nights with Alex (of course the best ones were the 2 rare nights that Marlon was home to put her to bed!) and I don't want to jinx anything, but she's been in there for about 20 minutes now and I haven't heard a peep--she's playing quietly with her Little People Noah's Ark, so we'll see...thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Every child sure is different so getting advice from others is always helpful!
I can't forget to say a special Happy 3rd birthday to Nolan! Nolan-it was great talking to you today and we miss celebrating with you! We love you!

2 comments:

Renee said...

nolan loved talking to you too and thank you to alex for singing so sweetly and making him smile!! miss you all!
did alex stay in her room that night? :)

Unknown said...

such cute pics! yum..applesauce!