Last night was family night at Alex's school--the theme was "Celebrating America" (thus the red, white and blue in the photos!). Here is Alex and her BFF/closest thing to a boyfriend she should have at this age--Jarrett. Aren't they just too cute??
Kellan also enjoyed family night (when he wasn't screaming)--the big kids kept him entertained (some of the time!).
Alex "fishing" at one of the stations they had set up for the kids
Alex in her Uncle Sam hat
Eating her pretzel rod coated with icing and red/white/blue sprinkles (yum!)
We're gearing up for Alex's 4th birthday in a few weeks, combined with a nice long trip to visit family! We can't wait to see cousins Nolan and Mia who are getting ready to move back to PA from CA! Then a family vacation follows a few weeks later to Ocean City, MD--should be fun!
Changing subjects now, I'm seeking some advice for healthy meals for the kids, particularly Kellan, who is my very good eater. I'm trying to solidify his great eating habits early on (so he doesn't end up like his sister!), and I feel like I'm at a loss for good lunch and dinner meals to serve him. At this age, Alex had already become extremely picky so I didn't have a ton of flexibility. Since Kellan is so different, I'm looking for some ideas...what do you feed your kids for lunch and dinner?


4 comments:
Max likes peanut butter & jelly on wheat (and crusts on). He also likes turkey/ham & cheese rolled up and cut into pieces (like a sushi roll). He likes carrot pieces (raw) as well as string cheese and yogurt. He LOVES peas & corn as well as meatballs (beef & turkey), pork chops, apple sauce, rice pilaf, scrambled eggs w/cheese. He likes buttered noodles with parm cheese--and I'll mix peas in with that.
Some days he'll eat and eat and eat and other days he has two bites of spaghetti and is done.
how about apple slices in grilled cheese? it's my favorite way to have grilled cheese!
Yummy ideas! I have never thought of apple slices in grilled cheese. I'll have to try that. Amy--our ped said to wait on the peanut butter until 2 yrs old. I'm pretty sure that was not what I was told with Alex, and it sounds like you weren't told that with Max. Must just be personal preference. I'll probably introduce that prior to 2--it's just so yummy! Kellan also loves peas and yogurt--I will have to try out some of these ideas. Thanks!
such cute pics jenn! so glad kellan is on the mend. he looked so cute with his little mask on! alex is looking so big and so beautiful :)
mia is my crazy good eater. she basically eats almost everything we eat. i just do smaller pieces.
buttered elbows with peas are one of her favs (or with some olive oil and parm cheese) and she just loves rice! she just downed a bean and cheese burrito the other day... :) - that grilled cheese and apple idea sounds good! i'll send you this sweet potato/refried beans/cheese burrito recipe that is quick and healthy. sounds weird, but really really yummy!
i started giving her PB just a month ago for the first time... i think i did the same with nolan, even though they said to wait till 2. oops! PB&J is just so much easier to make for lunches on the go!
we're soooooo excited to see you guys!!! can't wait to give those kids my love and hugs!!
Post a Comment