Sunday, August 9, 2009

Firsts

It continues to be a crazy, fun summer that has been filled with a bunch of firsts...

FIRST time Kellan wears a pink swim diaper! (daddy would probably prefer I use this photo that protects his identity!)

FIRST time sitting at the table without a booster seat while having a snack

FIRST time the kids brushed their teeth together...now it's becoming a common occurrence!


FIRST pig roast
(did not take photo of actual pig, but here's a pic of Alex and Maddy doing some arts and crafts!) Last night we enjoyed a huge neighborhood pig roast at the house behind us--complete with a ton of good food, friends, and fun crafts for the kiddies. Alex did arts and crafts all evening long and made a ton of beautiful creations. Kellan enjoyed pushing a shopping cart up and down the street. Both kids enjoyed playing in the kiddie pools they had set up.
FIRST time driving

(being pushed by our neighbor Adelaide)

FIRST time getting a CT scan (sorry, no photos here!)
Being the klutz that I am, I slipped while going down the stairs a few weeks ago (because I was wearing brand new flip flops that had ZERO tread on the bottom--a fact I did not know until after I slipped). I landed on my tail bone and the back of my head, and although I was a little rattled I continued about my day. Fast forward 3 weeks to Friday, and I had continued to have day-long headaches every few days since then. Marlon was starting to make me think I might have something more serious wrong with me, so I scheduled an appt. with the dr. The doctor recommended getting a CT scan just to make sure I was OK, so I spent 3 hours at the dr/hospital (they are connected) Friday afternoon getting everything taken care of, but in the end it gave me the peace of mind to know I was OK but was probably just having some whiplash related effects from my fall. She recommended some therapy or massage--no arguments there! So I was able to schedule a massage for yesterday morning before a hair appt. at the salon. I must say it was quite nice and I was long overdue for one!

FIRST time sleeping while sitting up
FIRST time cutting my hair really short since college!
(pictures not available at this time, but stay tuned!)

3 comments:

Kendy said...

oh wow! I can't wait to see your hair. The kids are as cute as ever!!! Glad you all are doing well!!!
The pig roast sounds like fun. I want to try and get everyone to have an end of summer block party in our new neighborhood! It has always been a dream of mine since I grew up in the middle of nowhere.

Renee said...

can't wait to see your hair jenn!! i'm sure it looks wonderful!
so cute/funny how kellan fell asleep sitting up :)

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

I can't wait to see your new hair cut! We'll have a special date at Adam Cole the next time you're in SC!t