Monday, January 16, 2012

Is it really 2012???

Yikes. Where has the time gone? I haven't posted since October-shame on me.  We have definitely been a little busy thought, that's for sure! This is going to be a huge summary post to get us caught up a bit.  We finished up our fall with visits from my parents and my brother Jon and his family.  



We finished up with soccer and were finally able to move into our new home in early November!




The kids have continued to be busy with school and friends.  I have been reading to Alex's classroom each week, and I enjoy being able to be involved more in her class.  It has also been great watching Kellan grow in his preschool class--for their Thanksgiving and Christmas parties they sang songs for the parents, and he was always singing and knew the words and the motions while some other kids were running around acting crazy!

We took a road trip to watch Marlon's team play in Maryland--Des and Adelaide went with us and we got to visit the Museum of Natural History in DC and the Zoo.  It was a fun trip and adds to our growing list of road trips to watch soccer games (we are now at a whopping 2!)


We spent November and December getting settled into the house.  I am loving a bigger kitchen and have been doing more cooking since I have the space!  We were fortunate enough to be able to host both Marlon's family and then my family for Christmas, so we enjoyed 10 days of company and the kids enjoyed many days of playing with their cousins. We were able to meet our newest nephew, Tyce, who is such a sweet little baby!
I was able to enjoy a little hiatus from MOPS stuff for the holidays and we are now getting back in full swing for the spring season.  I have taken up running on the treadmill, a very foreign concept for me but I'm trying really hard to stay motivated by running each day.  I am slowly building up my endurance (I have never been much of a runner at all)--my motivation is an anniversary gift from Marlon for our 10th anniversary--an upcoming trip for us to Cancun!
I feel like I have missed documenting many special moments from the fall, and I hate that.  I hope to get caught up a bit more now that things have settled down a bit.  I hope to pick up on my next post with some photos from christmas!

No comments: