Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Philly Road Trips and other news...

The past month has been extremely busy as Alex and I have made 2 trips to Philadelphia--one trip for my nephew Nolan's 2nd birthday party, and the other for my sister-in-law Lauren's baby shower! It was great to be able to celebrate each event with family even though Marlon was unable to make the trips due to soccer!

Below is an example of the kinds of fun Alex and Nolan have at Grammy and Granddad's! Nolan LOVES tractors so while Jon let him drive around, Alex joined in and drove the electric fire truck. She did well pressing the gas but not so well steering--she nearly hit the cars in the driveway a few times.

We also got to take the kids to Sesame Place--my former place of employment throughout high school and college! I took Alex, along with Jon, Renee, Nolan, and Renee's sister Nicole. We got to play in the water, see a show, watch the parade, and go on one ride, which we waited in line forever for! Even though the ride only lasted for a few minutes, it was fun to experience my first amusement park trip with Alex. Alex still has no concept of fear and is not afraid of anything--she had a great time on the ride! Below is a picture of us waiting for the ride to begin!


I wanted to add in this picture of Alex and Granddad because I thought it was cute. They were outside with the fire truck that came over to Grammy & Granddad's house at Nolan's party.

The next big event was this past weekend--Lauren's baby shower. Lauren (Marlon's sister) is due right in between Kendy and Renee, my other sister-in-laws, so we are going to have a very busy October/November! Lauren is expecting a boy and both Kendy and Renee are having girls. At Lauren's shower we were finally able to meet baby Maya, the daughter of Mark and Rebecca (Mark is one of Marlon's closest friends)--Maya is already 7 months old and we had not yet been able to meet her, so it was nice to see them at the shower. Alex was chatting with Maya and trying to console her as she was beginning to get fussy!

I wanted to also include a picture of the guest of honor at the shower--Lauren and her fiance Jon. I've always thought Jon looked like my brother Jon. See any resemblance? This picture also includes Alex helping to open gifts! It was the only way I could keep her occupied, even though that only lasted for about 10 minutes!

Last but certainly not least, I have to add in the little detail that we are expecting baby #2 in early March! I wanted to take a picture of Alex in her "BIG SISTER" shirt to post, but it seems like I haven't been able to find the time to do that, so although this is a bit more low-key, the news is exciting nonetheless! Alex seems to have a good interest in babies these days, and she's always been a great helper, so it will be exciting to see how she behaves as a big sister. Pregnancy is definitely more tiring when you have a 2 year old to chase after--Alex is one of those kids who is ALWAYS full of energy, never tired, never wants to sit down, can't stop moving. She rarely needs to eat or sleep and is very much like the energizer bunny! All of these characteristics are wonderful but definitely a bit more challenging these days! With Marlon being in season right now he is not home too much, but when he is Alex is all over him wanting to climb on him, chase him, and tackle him. I think she realizes that I don't have quite as much energy so daddy has become a bit more fun, which is perfectly fine with me!

I think that's enough news for one evening. More to follow soon!

2 comments:

Renee said...

YAY!!!! so glad you could finally post the news, so now I can add it onto my blog as well :) tee-hee :)
you already know this, but we are SO very excited for you guys and for Alex to become a big sister. It will be fun to - once again - go through this experience with you and figure out how to handle life with not just one, but TWO kids. how on earth will we do it?? :)
thanks again for coming out to Nolan's bday party. we love every chance we get to see you guys. Sesame Place was fun to do with you both for the first time.

and yay for my little neice or nephew comming in march!!

Anonymous said...

congrats! your mom told me about your expectancy when i called to tell her that davey had been born. i'm so excited for you! two of my good friends just had their 2nd child (one week ago and two weeks ago), so i'm observing what you'll be experiencing. hopefully your second will be as chill as lizzie and jaden have been for their mamas!! - tam (do you plan to find out if you're having a boy or girl?)