Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fun-Filled Weekend

We're winding down from a nice weekend visit with Jon, Renee, and Nolan! They took the trip out to WV and Alex had SO much fun playing with her cousin since they haven't gotten to see each other much recently. We got to go hang out at the pool and go to one of Marlon's soccer games--Renee took most of the pictures so hopefully she'll post some on to her blog sometime! Below are some pictures that I took. This one is a picture of Alex wearing Uncle Jonny's US Soccer hat. I caught her in an almost-smile, which is pretty rare, so I had to post it!
I've learned it's hard to capture both Alex and Nolan in a picture together since they are always on the go, sometimes in opposite directions. Below is a picture of them in their soccer outfits before we left for Marlon's game (yes, it's the soccer outfit yet again! maybe I'll try to include a picture of her in this outfit in every post, since I've basically done that already. I promise it is getting washed in betweeen!) They had fun chasing each other around the track next to the soccer fields, then walking back and forth across the bleachers.
Here is Alex and her mischievious look once again. As I was taking the picture I thought she was just giving me a rare smile. After I put the camera down I realized that she was giving me this look because she had picked a golden graham off the ground outside and was putting it into her mouth :)
This last picture is priceless! No, the kids weren't looking at a bird or a plane. Jon was shooting a foam missle into the air and the kids were waiting for it to come back down. A rare moment catching them standing still and close enough to capture together!

It was a great weekend and we're looking forward to spending next weekend with Nolan and the family for his birthday party!



3 comments:

Renee said...

awwwwwww.......we miss Alex already (and you guys)!!! Nolan had the best time with her... it was so great to have some bonding time with you all. i miss my little neice. i will definitely post a blog about the weekend with some of my favorite pics that i took as well. it was a great weekend, and thank you for being such great hosts! we love you!

Anonymous said...

they look SO CUTE together! alex is one of the most beautiful little girls i have ever seen! so glad you had a great weekend with family! - tam

Anonymous said...

what a great weekend you all had! the pic's are priceless. two of the cutest kids ever. i'm so happy the cousins got to play and bond together. i love the graham cracker pic. i've seen that expression so many times too - it made me laugh! miss you all.
shelby