Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Overload

Hello! Remember me? I used to blog. (haha) I feel like it's been a long time since I blogged--I think I haven't posted anything because I haven't take any new pictures in weeks! I have had a few opportunities but I have just been lazy with remembering the camera. Between babysitting, Alex going to school, Alex having field trips, dance class, gymnastics, enjoying the nice weather, working in the yard, meeting a bunch of new neighbors, hitting up the outlets for some shopping, getting an evening out for dinner with girlfriends, volunteering in the church nursery, numerous doctor's appointments, getting a date night with my husband, I feel like I've been on overload! Not that I'm complaining about any of those things--I actually enjoyed most of them (no one enjoys doctor's appts, right?!). On top of everything, Kellan has been sick now for what seems like weeks, and since Sunday we have made a trip to Urgent Care, dr's appt. on Monday, follow up dr's appt. today (that we showed up for but the doctor was "running late" and wasn't there yet so that was rescheduled until tomorrow). He has a possible mild case of pneumonia (whatever that means), an ear infection, and he is slightly wheezy so he now is doped up on 2 antibiotics and has been getting breathing treatments since yesterday. Our dr's appt. tomorrow is a follow up to see how he is doing with all of the medications and see if there is any improvement. Thankfully, he is in much better spirits (after having a fever all weekend long, that seems to be gone now), and as usual is eating like a champ :) and sleeping well. I look forward to summer when we can hopefully put all of these illnesses behind us!

This weekend looks to be busy as well with our neighborhood yard sale (time to unload some clutter!), work day at Alex's school, working in the nursery again, and hopefully enjoying some more nice weather after this rain moves out. I will try to take some new pictures to share soon!

4 comments:

Renee said...

whew! jenn, i'm tired just reading all of that :)
but everything (minus the dr's appts) sounds like a wonderful time and great experiences for all!
i've been meaning to ask how kellan was doing since the urgent care visit, so sorry he got so sick... :(
prayers for a healthy recovery and we look forward to seeing you guys SO soon!!! yippeeee! xoxo

Kathy said...

This weekend my neighborhood is having a yard sale too! I've been pricing items with little stickers all week. Good luck!

Kendy said...

Aww! Poor little Kellan! Hope he gets better soon!!!
Sounds like you are having a lot of fun (not the sick part of course).

I have a funny story to tell you! At work the other day this dad randomly says to me "I'm a Mountaineer." I have no clue who this dad is nor the child and I couldn't figure out what he meant. My first thought was that maybe this was a level of cubscouts???? Or maybe something to do with status in the military since I work on the base. So I was like "Oh gooood!???!" still confused as to why I would care about this and just staring at him hoping he would elaborate. He was looking at me confused too and then he was like... "I went to West Virginia" and I'm like still "huh?" for a few seconds and then I was like OHHHHH! Here I was wearing a WVU soccer shirt and it all clicked. I was so embarrassed. He probably thought I was a nut for telling him "OH, gooood" when he told me that he went to a certain college. I'm such a weirdy sometimes! Haha! I then told him that my brother-in-law was their men's head soccer coach and then I felt like I had redeemed some coolness after that.

1dermama said...

i hope kellan is feeling better soon! and mommy gets some rest!
good luck at the sale!