~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had our first family vacation (just the 4 of us) to Ocean City, MD (our first time visiting this area). We stayed at a really nice Hilton Suites (gotta love Hilton Honors points!) that was right on the ocean and also had a kid's activity pool complete with water slides, a lazy river, and a whirlpool! We had to drag Alex out of the pool every afternoon--she loved going down the slides on her own (she wore swimmies as the water was a bit over her head in some areas) but I was so proud of her for being completely independent in the water! We had just worked our way up to that last summer but we didn't spend too much time in the pool, so I was wondering how she would do this year. Hopefully we can get a lot more pool time in before the end of this summer!
Kellan also seemed to enjoy the water--a little too much. He kept dunking his face in...not sure if he was trying to drink the water, or if he just enjoyed the feeling of getting his face wet, but we weren't really able to put him in any of those floatie tube things for little kids because he constantly wanted to dunk himself. We ended up sticking swimmies on him and holding him most of the time. I guess it's good that he wasn't afraid of the water--we just need to teach him to keep his mouth closed! He does the same thing in the bath recently--he will take cups filled with water and dump them on his head--can't wait to see what the rest of the summer brings for him! He also enjoyed sleeping in a dark hotel room--he slept in after 8 one morning, and took 3-4 hour naps! (Alex, our non-sleeper, took no naps, swam most of the day every day, and was still up until well after 9/9:30 every night--the kid amazes me!)
Father and Son
Getting the feel of sand beneath his toes...
Alex sniffing her brother's "stinky feet"!
Another funny story that I want to make sure and write about--the other we got home and I gave the kids their baths. Alex was still in the bath and I finished dressing Kellan for bed. I took Kellan into the living room to hang out with Marlon then went to fold some laundry. A few minutes later I heard Alex yelling something with the words "Kellan" and "bath". I went out to the living room to see Marlon-without Kellan in sight-and hurried into the bathroom to see my son, fully clothed, sitting in the bath with his sister! I wish I would have taken the time to run and grab the camera, but unfortunately I didn't. He looked so happy and proud of himself for making his way into the bath to join his sister!


2 comments:
wow! that picture of the storm over the water is amazing! there's something about storms at the beach.... love them!
and as always, adorable pics of the kids!! so glad you had a great trip. that kiddie pool looked fabulous!
can't wait to do some good ol' jersey shore trips this summer (if this weather ever warms up!?!) and take the kids on the rides there. so nice that alex had them all to herself!
continuing our prayers for lauren and carter, and so thankful for the progress!!!
That water park looks like so much fun! And I have to say that the Fun Slide is my favorite thing to do at amusement parks like that. I could do it all day!
That storm looks awesome on the water. It almost looks like the white part in the sky is a giant wave coming. Really neat!
oh and
The story about Kellan in the bath is hilarious and super cute! I am excited for Kaylee to have a little sibling to take cute bathes with and play with!
Post a Comment