Our little boy can now be found in a big boy bed! Two weeks ago when I put him down for a nap, after about 20 minutes I heard a bunch of loud thumping noises, then I heard the door to his room open. I went around the corner to find my son standing at the door! I tried to put him back in his bed again and again 15 minutes later I heard him at the door. That evening I put a child lock inside the door so I wouldn't have to worry about him getting out of the room in the middle of the night. The next morning when he woke up, I heard him knocking at the door saying "Hello? Anybody there?" It was pretty funny. See the clip below from one of his naptimes. I was glad he hadn't climbed out before now and I had been hoping to keep him in his crib much longer than this, but after a few days of not napping and continuously climbing out of the bed, I decided to put the toddler side onto his bed. Alex did not adjust well when she transitioned to a toddler bed--she had always been a great sleeper and became a kid who needed someone to lay with her at night, cried out for us, etc. for a period of time. Fortunately Kellan has adjusted much better. He seems to enjoy his bed and he likes that Alex and I are able to snuggle with him each night before bed. I took a few pictures of him the other night after he fell asleep. My sweet, sweet boy!

Here's a little video of Alex and Adelaide snuggling with Kellan before bedtime...
Since I feel like Alex often gets overlooked in my posts, here's one of her and I on Easter Sunday (with Sophie napping in the background!)

I did not have an easy time getting pictures of the kids on Easter Sunday before we left for church--I was working in the nursery that morning so we had to leave pretty early, and my kids aren't keen on picture time to start with, but it was such a beautiful day so I tried to snap a few before we left.
1 comment:
oh my goodness, congrats kellan!!! wow! love the video of him after he climbed out of his crib :) looks like mia is the last to graduate to a big girl bed...only time will tell when that will be :)
love the pics of the kids at easter (was that nolan's shirt? he wore that at easter when he was 2 too!)
Post a Comment