I promise this will be the last post about Alex's 5th birthday. The final part of celebrating was her first real "kid's party" where we invited kids from her class and held the party at a gymnastics/cheerleading facility nearby. Alex attended a party last year at this place and she had a ton of fun--she's said she wanted her party there ever since. It was clean, friendly for even the younger kids, and worth the money. I didn't take many pictures so I stole a bunch that Renee sent to me (thank you!) The kids were so active so there weren't many pictures of kids sitting still (except for when cake and snacks were being served!), but I would say that all 18+ kids had fun jumping in the pit, swinging on the rope swing, bouncing on the trampoline, crawling through tunnels, sliding on scooters, playing with balls, getting balloon animals, and just having FUN! No one got hurt (except Alex--twice) but it was nothing a little ice couldn't fix.
We finished the night with a BBQ at the house with all our family and a bunch of neighbors. Again, we were so busy we missed taking pictures of the AMAZING decorations that were done by my neighbors Marcie and Carrie--they decorated with a beach theme, complete with paper lanterns, beach towels, beach themed cupcakes, a fruity drink concoction, and a pink flamingo! It was beautiful and we're so thankful they helped out with everything. It was a busy day but I think we all had a great time.
Here are some pictures from the party...
The Birthday Girl


True to form, Kellan finds a way to sneak a little soccer practice in!

Mia enjoying the tunnels

Kaylee enjoying the pit with Josh

Alex on the rope swing

Mia on the trampoline with Jon

Nolan in the pit!

A great farewell to Alex's 5th birthday...we'll see you next year for #6!
No comments:
Post a Comment