A few weeks ago I got to play "mom" to Nolan and Mia for a week so Jon and Renee could enjoy a childfree vacation with friends. I was more than happy to spend some quality time with my niece and nephew, and the kids were SO excited to have their cousins stay with them for a week. Marlon was out of town for part of the time so my mom was kind enough to come stay and lend an extra set of hands while he was gone.
I think the kids all enjoyed themselves--they particularly loved going to the water park 2 times! It was our first visit there and I'm just sad I waited all summer to take the kids--it's at the local pool in town, and a few times during the summer they open the play area before the pool actually opens and allow kids under 6 to come play for a few hours. It's the perfect activity for my kids (we'll be going back again this week!). Here are some photos from our week:
I think the kids all enjoyed themselves--they particularly loved going to the water park 2 times! It was our first visit there and I'm just sad I waited all summer to take the kids--it's at the local pool in town, and a few times during the summer they open the play area before the pool actually opens and allow kids under 6 to come play for a few hours. It's the perfect activity for my kids (we'll be going back again this week!). Here are some photos from our week:
Kellan decided to tackle the waterslide head first!
Nolan enjoyed turning the wheel and spraying people when they walked by Kellan enjoyed jumping off the stairs
all 4 kids taking a snack break
Mia enjoyed sitting with Grammy the most--she didn't really enjoy getting sprayed with water
Relaxing at the house with Grammy
Nolan showing off one of the gifts his mommy and daddy left for him--orange tic tacs!
Mia eating a good dinner
Swinging
Slip and Sliding
I think I can safely say a good time was had by all! I also have some video of Alex and Mia singing some songs at VBS--hopefully I'll be able to upload those later.


2 comments:
you are such a great aunt! i'm sure you created many great memories for them!
you are the BEST!!!! seriously, i can't thank you enough for caring for my kiddies... so glad it was such a great bonding time (although i'm sure you were relieved to get back to 2 kids!) and they had SO MUCH FUN!! make sure you let me know when i get to do lots of bonding with my niece and nephew while you go away .... plan that vacation! :) thanks again "aunt jenn!!!"
Post a Comment