Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A day in the life of our 2 year old

So I'm too lazy to post pictures this evening (but I promise to do that soon!)--I'm watching SYTYCD and waiting patiently for Alex to decide to go to bed. Tonight she came to her door with every excuse imaginable....I dropped my hair bow (twice), I tore my bandaid and I need a new one (twice), I bumped my head, I need to put Dora's clothes on...the list goes on and on. I think she's finally quiet (sleeping in the middle of the floor--at this point, she can sleep wherever she'll close her eyes!)--she was up this morning at 5:30 am so I'm hoping she gets a good night's sleep!

I thought I'd share some of the interests she has these days...she likes to recite nursery rhymes (I can thank school for that--we never read nursery rhymes at home--isn't that horrible?) She has Jack & Jill went up the hill down pat, and she's also mastering Little Miss Muffett. She's testing my memory of the correct words in those nursery rhymes--definitely not something I've thought about in a long time! She likes to play "Where is me?" which is a very simple version of hide and seek where Alex "hides" (usually in plain sight) and Sophie (the dog) and I have to pretend to look for her. We can play this game over and over for a good 20 minutes, and she thinks it's hysterical every time. She can count to 10 in Spanish (again, a school thing)--Marlon and I had to ask ourselves how old we were when we could count to 10 in Spanish...suffice it to say, we were much older than 2! She is slowly expanding her picky eating habits--she will eat anything for daddy, so we've gotten her to eat chicken pot pie and mashed potatoes this week. She still gags with every bite of mashed potatoes (probably because she tries to swallow everything she doesn't like whole) but at least she's eating it! She's taken a new liking to chocolate pudding (thanks to Grammy for introducing it to her at the pizza place!), although we're trying to limit her milk intake these days due to some bowel issues! She is learning her full first name (although saying Alexandra is definitely a mouthful!), she knows daddy's name is Marlon, mommy's name is Jenn, grammy's name is Ann, granddad's name is Ken, pop-pop's name is Keith, and nana's name is Jenny. She loves to run around the house and play with Marlon--their favorite game is yet another version of hide and seek, where Marlon hides and Alex goes looking for him, then shrieks and screams when she finds him. She has recently begun to stick objects in her nose--so I'm realizing we have to pay close attention to what she's up to--so far I've caught her sticking a raisin and a cheerio up there--the cheerio came out pretty easily but I had some difficulty with the raisin...hopefully that was the last time for that, although I have a feeling it's only the beginning!

That's a little glimpse into the life of Alex these days...pictures will follow! My husband just pointed out to me that most of you have never seen where we live, so maybe that will be a topic of a future post...seeing as how the blog is titled the LeBlancs in West Virginia, I guess I should show you a bit about our life here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i'm reading this post and i'm smiling as i learn more about your darling little alex... and then i got to the part about the raisin and the cheerio stuck up her nose and i LAUGHED OUT LOUD! seriously, i can't stop giggling. i think what's got me going is i'm trying to picture YOU picking your daughter's nose to get the goods out! :) love ya, jenn! - tam

Renee said...

What a smart cookie! :) Nolan can almost count to 10 by himself (needs help on 4 and 5), but definitely not in Spanish! I love that she's reciting nursery rhymes too. We read them, but so far Nolan hasn't shown much interest in finishing the words himself. He does like patty-cake though.

So glad she's eating better (even if it's for daddy only!) - watch, she'll be a taste-tester for gourmet foods someday...

Can't wait to see you guys again! :)

Renee said...

oh, and that is so funny about the sticking things up her nose....

i see a doctor's visit in your future... :)

(hope not though!)