A belated Merry Christmas to all! Our holiday travels have not yet ended but I wanted to at least post a bit to catch up on what we've been up to over our vacation. Alex and I are still in Philadelphia at my parents' house, and we'll probably be heading back home on Saturday. Marlon went down to Orlando on the 26th for recruiting and he will also be heading home on Saturday. But to back track a week....
We started out our vacation last Thursday with a trip to State College to visit our old neighbors and friends. We stayed the night and had a great time visiting with everyone--I definitely realize how much I miss the Penn State area every time we go back--there's nothing quite like living in the town where you have so many wonderful memories....college, meeting my husband, buying our first home, the hospital where Alex was born, etc. We continued on from SC to Philadelphia on Friday and spent Friday evening with my family before heading over to Marlon's parents' house on Saturday for their annual christmas dinner/get-together with family and a few close friends. (I will have to post pictures later!) On Sunday Marlon and I actually had a "date day" and went into New York for the afternoon--we went to a yummy Pan-Asian restaurant for lunch, Ruby Foo's, then went to see Hairspray (which we really enjoyed!). I did learn that I probably won't be visiting any broadway shows again when I'm 6+ months pregnant unless we invest in the premium seating, since it was VERY tight quarters and not easy to get out of the middle of the row every time I needed to hit the bathroom!
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family, then we headed over to Marlon's parents' house again for the afternoon (our families are only 30 minutes apart so we are extremely lucky that we can spend holidays with both!). Alex knew Santa came to visit and brought some presents, and she loved opening them all! Her few favorites were probably the dress up outfits from Aunt Renee and Nana (much to her daddy's dismay!), the Candy Land castle edition game (she doesn't have a clue how to play it but loves the little device that dispenses all of the game pieces!), and her flutes that are meant to be used in the bath (althought she is in bed playing them as we speak!).
That's a brief update for now--I don't want to go too crazy with the posting until I can upload some photos! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and were able to enjoy time with friends and family!
The One With the Toilet Seat
4 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment