Unfortunately no new pictures with this post--I spent 3 days in Atlantic City this week from Sunday through Tuesday for our annual business meeting at work. It was fun to hang out with all of my co-workers that I don't get to see very often, but I was definitely exhausted by the time it ended! My body is not used to getting up by 6:15 in the morning and staying up until after midnight! Alex had bonding time with her dad since I left on Saturday and didn't return until Wednesday. I love that they enjoy hanging out-this makes the 2nd time in a little over a month! We traded off parenting duties when I returned home yesterday and Marlon left to go to Baltimore for his annual convention--he'll return home Saturday, when it will be nice to have our family together again for the first time in a week!
I had my 32-week appointment this afternoon, and I have been scheduled for yet another ultrasound. The doctor said I was measuring smaller than he thought I should be for this stage, so he wants me to have an ultrasound next Wednesday to determine the size of the baby and the amount of amniotic fluid in the uterus. This was the first time I have had the dr. say I am measuring small, and after searching on the internet it seems like this could be caused by many things--some that mean absolutely nothing and some that are much more serious. The doctor didn't seem overly concerned, but you just never know with doctors! Please keep us in your prayers next week as I hope that there is a simple solution to this...like I could just be having a small baby, or my due date could be off a bit, or my uterus is just smaller although the baby is perfectly normal in size. The good thing is that this baby moves ALL THE TIME--very different than Alex, who was really most active in the evening. He gives some good jabs to my side throughout the day, and the doctor did say he thinks the baby is head down already, which was good to hear. I will keep you updated after my ultrasound next week--until then I'm sure my mind will be worrying and stressing about all the different possible scenarios-sometimes the internet tells you more than you really want to know when you're searching for information!
The One With the Toilet Seat
4 days ago


3 comments:
we will absolutely be praying for your ultrasound and our little nephew in there. try not to stress too much before then...(although I know I would be doing the same, so I can't blame you). He's being made and formed perfectly by God, and he'll come out just as he should. If it makes you feel any better at all, I always measured smaller throughout my pregnancy with Mia, and it just meant she was smaller rather than larger...
we'll keep you in our prayers!
I measured small with both of my girls - they ended up being 6-7 and 6-13 - not big, but not super small either. With Ella I did have low amniotic fluid but it ended up being alright. Sometimes baby are just small, but competely healthy!
We will definately keep you in prayers .. I agree about the internet - all the problems with Brady - going on there added more stress but in the end - what gave me peace through it all - God! He knows what he is doing and he blessed you with a beautiful gift in there :) When you start to feel worried - pray. You'll feel peace through it and God will let you know in his own way that everything will work out to his plan. Love ya.
Post a Comment