Sunday, February 17, 2008

Snow Angels in the Kitchen

Since we haven't had much snow here, Alex has resort to making snow angels on the kitchen floor.
Not too much going on here. Marlon is in Dallas for his last trip before this baby comes, so we've had some female bonding time over the past day and a half. Ever since this afternoon I've had what I imagine to be one Braxton Hicks contraction after another. I wouldn't call them real contractions but just that feeling when your entire stomach gets as hard as a rock....is that what Braxton Hicks is? I never really had them with Alex. I basically had no signs of labor with her until it hit me the morning she was born, and those were the real deal! I've tried to take it easy this afternoon--Alex was kind enough to take a nice 2 1/2 hour nap for me--but I'm still feeling that extremely tight feeling a lot. I'm so paranoid that I'll go into early labor with Marlon far away in Dallas-I just have to make it through tomorrow night and then this baby can come any time! (although I'm sure I still have a few good weeks left in me!) I think Alex is beginning to understand that this baby is coming soon--we've told her that baby brother will be bringing her a special present when he's born, so that definitely caught her attention! She also knows that Grammy and Granddad will be coming to visit her when the baby is born to spend some time with her while I am in the hospital so I'm sure she's excited about that as well!

For now I'm just content to lay low at home--I'm done traveling for work at this point so I'm fortunate to work from home every day and be able to relax a bit. Looking forward to sharing some exciting news sometime in the near future!


5 comments:

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

It certainly sounds like you're having braxton hicks! Just take it easy, keep your feet up and remember to BREATHE! Mike, Max and I are so excited for the newest LeBlanc to make is grand entrance! I can't believe the time is almost here! Let me know if you need anything or have questions--I know you've been through this before, but it's been awhile and I know everyone forgets what it's like! I'm here for you!

Renee said...

ahhh, yes... those lovely braxton hicks - i remember them all too well :) you are definitely having them when you're stomach gets hard as a rock... i had them so much for the last 3 months. They especially can happen when you're overdoing it, not resting and not drinking enough water, so definitely try and rest. so excited for little leblanc to come! i'm excited for alex too...she's going to love being a big sister :)

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

Where did you get the curtains for the nursery? We're still trying to find curtains for Max's room and we're just not having any luck.

Anonymous said...

Amy--
The curtains are from www.brylanehome.com and were REALLY affordable. They come in a ton of different colors too. My friend recommended it to me and I'm so glad she did!

Tamara said...

snow angels in the kitchen... TOTALLY logical. and that makes alex my kind of girl! when dave and i were checking out the house we now own (it was a model home), i made a carpet angel in the bonus room! love you, dear friend! i'm praying for you and for a safe delivery of your precious baby boy!