This photo also contains 2 of Alex's very favorite things. The first one being the necklace she's wearing, given to her by one of her teachers, Ms. Erica, as an early Valentine's gift. Ms. Erica is also one of Alex's favorite people--and Alex is one of Erica's favorite kids. Every time I arrive to pick Alex up from school, she's following behind Erica or playing with her. She hasn't wanted to take the necklace off since she got it--I manage to get it off for baths but it goes right back on when we are done! The second favorite item is the dress she is wearing. The day has come--Alex is ALL ABOUT DRESSES. She'd wear one 24-7 if I would let her. She was upset because I made her wear a skirt to church today instead of a dress. I had to go out and scoop up a bunch of these cotton dresses with all the post-christmas sales to give her some outfits she can wear around on weekends. This one happens to be her favorite. The only way I can get away with her not wearing it is by telling her it's dirty and that I'm washing it for her. I've avoided sending her to school in a dress yet, only because I know once I do it once she will want to wear one every day! She has recently insisted on picking out all of her own clothes each day, which sometimes becomes interesting when she selects items that don't quite match. She does make every effort to find things that go together, and she usually doesn't do too bad. I always remember years ago learning somewhere that it's all about giving kids choices at this stage--2 choices that YOU, the parent, approve of, and allow them to pick which they would like. I think I need to get going with this ASAP--she usually beats me to picking out the outfits, so I'm thinking I may need to start planning the night before!
This final photo was from her friend Jameson's 5th birthday party she went to on Saturday. She had so much fun-it was at one of the only indoor play areas in Morgantown--one of those places you can rent for birthday parties--the kids had a great time. Her favorite item in this photo is icing off of a cupcake--she's already learned that she prefers the icing to the cupcake itself--she just licks all the icing off then leaves the cupcake for me (which works great because I prefer the cupcake with just a little icing, so we make a good pair).
.jpg)


3 comments:
First of all - my girls have those necklaces - or really similar. I have to dig them out for Valentine's Day. Also, Ella is the same way about dresses. I used to use the excuse that it's too cold to go out in dresses so now she asks to stay home all day so she can wear them. She loves tights equal to dresses and when I tell her she can wear a dress with tights it's like I'm giving her the best gift in the world! I NEVER wore dresses if I could help it so this just cracks me up!
cute pics of alex!!! every picture i see of her, she's just getting bigger and more beautiful...
i can't wait to dress Mia up in dresses all the time!!!! :)
But, I'm sure she'll want to wear dresses when she probably shouldn't - like at the playground - and of course, my worst fear is her being totally not into dresses at all :)
I'm sure it's frustrating to handle her wanting to wear dresses all the time though - what a girly!
oh, and thanks for the valentine Alex! Nolan is going to call and say thank you :)
hey jenn! loved reading up on what you and alex are up to these days! hope you are feeling well! Oh and the nursery looks great! before you know it that little man will arrive! We are soooo excited to meet him!
Post a Comment