Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Soaking up the sun

I LOVE SPRING!
We had a nice weekend enjoying the beautiful weather before rain came in on Saturday afternoon. My mom was in town for a few days so we were able to get out and do some things with the kids. Marlon and I even got to have not one, but two, evenings out since we had a baby sitter in the house! On Thursday night we went out for a YUMMY dinner with a childhood friend of Marlon's, his fiancee, and his father since they were in the area for the weekend. Friday night we got to attend the Blue Jean Ball, a work function for Marlon that is a lot of fun! I was a little tired after both late nights and little sleep but it was worth it!

Here are some photos of the past week...Below is Alex holding (or should I say strangling) Kellan on the swing in the backyard!

Alex at the park--she loves to wear a hat and sunglasses!

Here is a sad attempt at a family photo before church on Sunday. I guess my mom didn't notice that Marlon wasn't looking at the camera (in any of the 3 photos she took) and that Kellan is in the process of spitting up! Then of course you have Alex's pouty face...pretty typical these days!

Kellan enjoying the bouncy seat with a little bit of a smile!

3 comments:

1dermama said...

saw you had a very typical time trying to take a family photo. i can't even begin to tell you how many photos i have taken where one or more weren't looking at the camera! the ultimate challenge...the family photo. :)
all are beautiful, looking at the camera, spitting up or looking away.

Renee said...

love the pics! glad you got some time away.
miss you guys!

Shelby said...

Your family pic is classic - too cute! I can't believe how much Kellan is changing already - what a cutie - and that Alex - she is a bright ball of sunshine - I just smile everytime I see pic's of her