Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Weekend activites

We had a great weekend of family time with Jon, Renee, Nolan, and Mia. We hadn't seen them all since christmas so we were long overdue for some quality time spent with them! Nolan and Alex had so much fun playing together. I've included a bunch of photos to let you see how much Kellan is growing! He is now 3 weeks old and is getting bigger every day. He's getting onto a pretty good routine and is taking pretty good naps throughout the day--we are still working on getting him to soothe himself to sleep, and we often make several trips into his room to give him his binky after it pops out of his mouth, but he has gone from taking about an hour to fall asleep to closer to 15-30 minutes, so we are making great progress!

Here is a photo of Marlon and Jon with the kiddies...
Jon was the big attraction for both Alex and Nolan. They played with him (and ON him) all weekend long--thanks Jonny for keeping Alex entertained!
Here's my little guy sleeping--still has that head of hair!

Kellan and Mia hanging out together--I think he's talking to her in their special baby language...
And here's a picture of the big kids. Alex was helping Nolan take his socks off! They both look like they've been caught doing something--
Another photo of Kellan, as alert as ever.
Kellan and Mommy...we still don't have a family photo (shame on us, I know).
On Sunday I also got to take Alex to Sesame Street Live--I've always wanted to take her to one of these shows but unfortunately not too much stuff comes to Morgantown, WV! As soon as I heard this was going to be in town I made sure to order tickets. She and I had some mother/daughter bonding time while Marlon stayed home with Kellan. Alex had a really good time and she sat happily through the entire show--I can imagine that if I took her when she was younger she probably would have gotten antsy before it was over, but she was very into the show and sat very well.
So that's a bit of an update with what has been going on here!

5 comments:

Tamara said...

WHAT FUN! I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend with your family. I still can't believe that head of hair Kellan has.... I LOVE it! It sounds like he's doing great and that means that you and Marlon must be great parents providing a loving & safe environment where your children can thrive... so encouraging to see it actually happen, eh?! And as a side note, I can't get over how MUCH of Jon I see in Nolan!

Renee said...

we had so much fun with you guys! i still have to get my post finished about our time there. great pics! we were heading over to matt and megan's for dinner the other night, and nolan said, "we're going to alex's house!" awww.... :(
we miss you all already and can't wait to see you next month!

Kendy said...

OH my gosh! Kellan is soooo cute! I can't wait to meet him!!! I love that sleepy picture of him! Hope you guys are doing well and hopefully we can get down to see you really soon!
Hugs,
Kendy

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

Cute pictures Jenn! Don't feel bad about not having a family picture yet--I think we have 2 or 3 pictures of Mike, Max and I all together--it's pretty bad!

It was nice to see Marlon in a picture!

I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing well--Kellan is a cutie, as is Alex :) Can't wait to see you guys!

Shelby said...

Hey! The pic's are great and I'm so happy that you were able to spend time together with your family! The kids look like they had a blast and I can't believe how much Kellan is changing already...he's beautiful!...I agree with Amy's comment about the fam. pic - don't fret - I only have one of the four of us together which was done this past October (the facebook one) and that be all -- ahhh... so you are doing well on your end - hee heee:) Miss ya - have a great night!