Friday, June 13, 2008

How time flies!

I feel like I haven't had much time to blog recently--every day seems to be filled from start to finish! Let's see...this was my first full week back to work and Kellan's first week of daycare. Kellan is now 12 weeks old and such a beefy little boy! At 11 weeks, he weighed 14 lbs., 8 oz.--his big sister didn't weigh this much until she was at least 4 months old!! He's starting to smile and coo, which makes him so much more entertaining and loveable! He did really well for his first week at school. The first few days he took better naps than he ever took at home--hour and a half, 2 hours...and he also starting sleeping through the night Monday night and hasn't turned back since! (YIPEE!). He has slept through the night periodically before but it would only last a day or 2 here or there, but this whole week he has consistently gone to bed between 8:30 and 9:00 and has slept until sometime between 6 and 7 am. He just started to get his first cold yesterday but he slept surprisingly well last night and today.

Alex is enjoying the warm weather and loves to play outside in the water, and she still loves going to school. She's loving being a big sister, and Kellan loves to hear her voice when she is talking to him and trying to soothe him. It's so sweet to see.

Here are some recent photos from the past few weeks.

My little guy in his I love Mommy shirt (a week ago)

Family picture from vacation in Myrtle Beach (we just got real family pics taken this morning so I'll hopefully have a better one to post soon)


The loves of my life!!

Tummy Time (taken the other day)
Alex soaking up the sun in the backyard in her water table (which is not meant to be sat IN, but I figured it was really hot out and she's light enough to not tip it over, so why not?)

3 comments:

Tamara said...

they're growing up so quickly! yea for kellan sleeping through the night! and davey has the same i love mommy onesie (size 6-12 months, so it still fits)... but i also made sure to get him the "mommy's little monster" one.... just in case! :) hope we can see each other next weekend!

Renee said...

so glad kellan is doing well in daycare and your first week back to work went well too! so glad he's sleeping through the night for you too :)
hope to see you guys again soon!

Shelby said...

I love the pic's you posted. Alex is way to funny in her water table. I say - anything that'll keep them happy and it's safe - why not right! Haa ahaaa.. Your little ones are growing up so fast and they just are as cute as ever! I'm so glad to hear Kellan is doing so well in daycare too! That's a great relief I'm sure for you all that he's adjusted so well so fast. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay cool - it's a hot one this week.