Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My little sweet talker

Just wanted to share a few funny moments I've had with Alex recently...when I put her to bed at night she tries everything she can think of to prolong the inevitable moment where I leave, close the door, and say goodnight. She also comes to the door a few more times before she finally settles in for the night--we've come a long way from where we used to be a few months ago, but we're not quite 100% yet. The other night her tactic to get me to stay was saying "but Mommy, don't go. I like you." I of course responded with "I like you too but it's still time for bed"--she then follows up with "but I need you". Pulling on my heart strings little girl! Then the other day I had her in a timeout for not doing what I asked her to do (can't remember exactly what because the days blur together after a while) and when her timeout was over I went over and asked her why she was in a timeout, and she looked up at me with puppy dog eyes and said "because I didn't listen to my friend mommy". What a little manipulator she is!!! She knows that the sweet little "my friend mommy" part just made me smile! Gotta love the working mind of a 3-year old.

On another note, Kellan turned 3 months old yesterday--I took a few pictures but I hope to get a few cute ones today to share. I'll try to post a few pics of my beefy little guy later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is too cute!

Renee said...

that is so adorable Jenn.... what a cutie!! they really know how to "get" us!
Nolan has become much better at getting out of bed at night and hasn't in a couple weeks much to our surprise, but like alex, will definitely come up with some good excuses. He always asks us, "lay down here with Nolan?" in the sweetest little voice which totally makes me want to just lay with him till he's fast asleep...

Kellan is already 3 months?!! It's going so fast! Give them both kisses from us :)