Friday, November 7, 2008

Big changes

So I've been wanting to post about this subject for a while but I needed to wait until the time was right. As many of you know the travel demands of my job have increased over the years and with 2 children it has made it even more difficult to give 100% to being a mother and 100% to my job. Many months ago we decided that I would be quitting my job by the end of the year and plan to stay at home, at least until the kids are off to school, then I will decide where to go at that point. I arranged to take Kellan out of daycare, effective today, and we plan to continue allowing Alex to attend preschool since she loves it and really has a great experience there. Well, my plan was fast forwarded a few weeks when I was laid off today since my company had to cut back a bit due to the difficult economy these days. It's actually a blessing because it is a better situation from a financial standpoint then if I had left on my own, so for that I am grateful. So beginning Monday I am a stay-at-home mom with time to do nothing but take care of my family and my house! Although this is very foreign thing for me since I've always worked, I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I'm thankful that Marlon's job has finally given me this opportunity to not have to work for a while--I really believe it's right for our family, so I'm going to embrace it! So that's the big news of the day--fun things to come!

5 comments:

Jules said...

I'm happy to hear that God has blessed you with this opportunity. I love staying at home with my kids and I'm sure you will too. It's hard work, but so rewarding.

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

Congrats Jenn! I hope you enjoy your new roll of SAHM!

Renee said...

welcome to the club Jenn! :)
I'm so happy to hear that things worked out with your job and you'll be able to spend extra time with those two cuties. we can't wait to see you all!

Unknown said...

being a SAHM is the best job ever! enjoy every minute of it. i know you'll love it!

Megan said...

Wow -that is a big change! I'm sure it helps that you were moving in that direction already so you were preparing yourself to to be at home with the kiddos. Even though it will be an adjustment, I'm sure you'll have fun. When I look at my friends who are mom and work FT I don't know how they do it - I hope you enjoy the change of pace! I mean, the fact that you can (not that you will) stay in your PJ's all day alone makes it worth it! ;)
Also, I bet Alex will love the dollhouse. Catherine loves it too, just as much as Ella, so it's definitely a good age for it.