Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and more

A little belated, here are a few pics of the kids from Halloween. Alex had a parade at school, where she was able to re-use her ladybug costume from last year (it was more weather appropriate and it still fit!). I was able to go with her on her parade since I was given the day off from work in honor of the Phillies winning the world series (the perk of having my home office in Philly!).
Alex and her BFF Sophia

My little man in the Giraffe costume that Alex wore on her first Halloween (it was a bit more snug on Kellan for sure!)
The giraffe and Snow White

Snow White getting ready to go trick-or-treating (thanks to Aunt Nay Nay for the outfit!!)

I had to add this cute photo of Alex. She was eating some Taco Soup (shocking for those who know her?! It was only a few bites but she sure looked excited to try it!)
The above photo was followed by Daddy making her eat a grape in the pic below (you'd think we'd fed her brussel sprouts by the look on her face!) For those who aren't aware, she is a very picky eater and hates just about all fruits due to their juicy, mushy texture but we continue to try and get her to try different things regularly in the hopes that her eating habits will change!

Kellan enjoying playing in a laundry basket. Why hadn't I put him in here before?
Kellan hanging out in his activity center (since he usually isn't smiling in his photos I wanted to include a happy one!)

Kellan is finally having his first tooth break through, and he is showing the same symptoms that his big sister did when she was teething...flushed cheeks, runny nose, excessive drooling. I also think he's fighting a cold (as both Alex and I are) so that definitely doesn't help with the extra congestion and watery eyes! He's also slowly becoming more mobile--even though he still doesn't roll over regularly, we know he can. He likes to be on his belly and scoot backwards across the room, and he lifts himself on all fours and tries to catapult himself forward or sideways. It's pretty funny to watch--you can tell he wants to get moving but just isn't sure how! His daycare class is filled with a bunch of early crawlers so he's surrounded by his "friends" who are all on the move--guess he's getting some good motivation!

3 comments:

Renee said...

that face of her eating a grape is PRICELESS. so hilarious. and watch, she is going to LOVE fruit in the future :)
what a beautiful snow white and ladybug and what a handsome giraffe!

Unknown said...

Love the photos! especially the one Alex eating the grape! you really are blessed with beautiful children.

Kathy said...

Your kids are so cute! I check out your blog every once in a while to see all the new pictures you post!

Kathy Biondi