I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by the clutter that has overtaken my house. I am truly beginning to believe the saying "Cluttered house, cluttered mind". I really want to do a thorough house cleaning, going from room to room getting rid of stuff. My only dilemma is that a lot of the stuff I want to get rid of has some value, and I would prefer to have a yard sale instead of just dumping it all off to the salvation army. The issue with that is that I have to wait until warmer weather to have a yard sale, so I am trying to decide if it's crazy to collect up everything I want to get rid of and put it in our storage room in the spring to get it out of the house, or if I just want to wait until then to do the purging (or do I just want to dump it in the car, take it to salvation army and be done with it?). Does anyone have suggestions, or have any creative ways to purge stuff that you just don't need? I just realize as I look around the house that we have way too much "stuff"--we can be perfectly happy with so much less, and I feel like even though we've only been in this house for 2 years it seems like we've accumulated so much more stuff than we need. It's true that as the size of your house grows, you really do continue to accumulate more and more stuff to fill it with!
On a separate note, here is a link to another blog that I have been reading--MckMama's blog is one you need to check out. Go back a few weeks to get an idea of the story (and read the descriptions of her oh-so-cute kids on the right hand side)--but it truly is an example of God's miracles and how he truly answers prayer! There are just so many blogs out there to read that are so interesting--it really gets to be addicting, but this one is definitely worth sharing.
Looking forward to some advice on how to clean out my house! (Amy--I know you're probably thinking if I could just get you to come down here, you'd help me purge stuff FAST just like you did when you were helping me set up and organize Alex's closet years ago!)
Oh and thanks for the baby food advice. I just pureed some mixed veggies yesterday and although Kellan has not tried them yet I'm pretty sure he will love them. Next on tap: sweet potatoes. I'll probably do those this evening. This is kind of fun!
I wanted to add a belated birthday to my nephew, Carter, who just turned one! We're looking forward to seeing some pictures of his special day--Happy Birthday Carter!
The One With the Toilet Seat
4 days ago


2 comments:
I LOVE PURGING THINGS FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S HOMES!!! Jenn, we can probably set up a date for me to come and help you!
I know how you are feeling though. I'm ready to get rid of things too! I've got a pile of "junk" in my basement that needs to go. I too want to have a tag sale, but have not done it yet...aargh! We take stuff to Goodwill often--it's usually a MAJOR car load!
You should first start by asking if any of your friends/neighbors or Alex or Kellan's school could use any of your items. Schools are are always in need of toys and books, extra clothes, bibs, spoons, cups, etc. That way if you are giving it to someone who needs it, it won't be just "giving it away."
Hope that helps! Miss all of you!
So funny, Rob and I just took all our stuff to purge and decided to throw it up in the attic (to clutter that up, but at least I don't see it) and try a yard sale in the spring. Whatever doesn't go we'll either pitch, donate to church or salvation army. I guess we are a little backwards... it should be Spring cleaning, not fall cleaning. :)
Love ya
Good luck deciding what to do
Post a Comment