Saturday, March 7, 2009

First Taste of Spring

Gotta love the first taste of spring (and summer!)
We've had a great few days enjoying this BEAUTIFUL 70 degree weather we've been having. I have been outside with the kids as much as possible since we know it's dropping back into the 40's this week. We broke out the outdoor toys and the swing and put them to use. Since I seem to post pictures of Kellan a lot these days, I wanted to share a few of our first-born, who is turning into such a sweet girl--hard to believe she'll be 4 in a few months! She is so loving and helpful with her little brother and she is becoming quite the helper around the house. She keeps me on my toes with cleaning-you often hear "YUCK mom. This room is SO DIRTY. We need to clean it up." She offers to put things away, she likes to dust, and she recently started to help wash the dishes. I let her clean the windows around the house last weekend and she loved that too. Now if I could just get her to do all the vacuuming and the laundry...

Alex is practicing her soccer skills-we think Kellan may turn out to be a bit more coordinated than her, but only time will tell!

Last night I let Alex play in our bathtub with washable fingerpaints, Marlon's shaving cream, and some foam soap. I have memories when I was growing up of sitting at the kitchen table with it covered in a plastic sheet and playing with my dad's shaving cream, and I remember having a lot of fun! Alex stayed in the tub for a good 45 minutes, and when she was done we washed out the tub, refilled it with clean water, then gave her a bath. Easy fun, no mess, and she had a great time!

I had to sneak one in of Kellan and I playing outside. He really enjoyed the swing--he kept saying "Ahh" as he went back and forth, with a smile on his face.

Playing on the driveway with chalk..."I can't believe you won't let me eat this stuff mom!"
Our soon-to-be 4 year old

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! 70 degrees?!?
the last 2 days here have been warm...high 40s! Everyone is out walking, washing their cars, etc. And we lost 4 inches in our backyard snowpack- we're down to 14!

Kendy said...

Hi Jenn!
MomK and I are reading your blog. Alex is getting so big and such a beautiful girl! Wow! And Kellan! He is totally going to be the popular guy at school. He is so handsome! Can't wait to see you all!

Renee said...

"yuck mom, this is SO DIRTY" - haha!!! she cracks me up :) tell her aunt nay nay's tickle hand misses tickling that little tummy :)
love the finger painting picture and i'm going to have to try that shaving cream idea!
kellan is quite the little man... we will miss being at his party terribly!!!
xoxo