That's right--my friend's prediction (or should I say the pencil's prediction) was correct--I am having a boy! This was an exciting day-early birthday present for me as we went to get an ultrasound yesterday--this was a 16 week ultrasound since I was determined to be slightly high risk since heart defects have occurred on my mom's side of the family, but even at this early stage there was no mistaking it! I will have my regular 20 week ultrasound at the end of October which will hopefully provide a clearer picture of his face, but I just wanted to share this news with all of you! At this point everything else looks healthy with the baby and we will find out more definitively about any potential heart issues when I have a fetal echo done in early November, but so far there is no cause for concern. We just pray that our baby boy will be healthy, and we can now get Alex excited about having a baby brother! Marlon has already started to toss out names of famous soccer players we could name this baby after....of course they are all foreign so I'm not sure how well they will work out, but we'll see if we can compromise!
Below is the nice clear ultrasound photo--no doubt about the sex of this baby!
11 comments:
Congratulations Jenn and Marlon! I'm so excited for you! I'm excited to see some more pictures of your little cutie! I hope you're feeling good! Let's talk soon! I miss you!
Amy
Congratulations! I did that pencil test when I was in high school...but I'll have to try it again as we would love to have another - and a boy. LOL! I love your blog, btw. I'll have to come back when I can peruse it fully! love you all! Juliet
yaaaayyy!!!! we can't wait to meet our little nephew, and we are THRILLED for Nolan that he'll have a boy cousin to play with in the family! (even though he plays so well with Alex...)
I'm going to get together all of Nolan's adorable clothes for you - so excited to look through them again!
We'll continue to keep you and baby boy leblanc in our prayers.
congrats congrats! i really is a boy! how exciting...congrats again and can wait to meet the little guy!
Happy happy birthday!! What a wonderful present. Congratulations, I'm so excited for you guys!! I hope and prayer you are feeling well. I hope you received my previous email of congrats. Much love and miss you lots
Kim
Yaaay! I'm so excited!!! Can't wait to see our lil' nephew!!!
Hey LeBlanc family!! I am so excited for you guys! It is neat that you and Renee will have the opposite thing going...what a great support system you both will be for each other! The next time it works out I would love to see all these adorable kids in person...maybe after you all are settled and passed the 3 month mark of swapping germs is okay! hee hee. If your family is doing another NC beach family vacation we will trek on down to play!!! You guys..that includes Renee, Kendy and Lauren are all welcome to come down for a visit...I promise it is cheap when you get here and very kid friendly!! ha ha.. If you all are going to get together after they are older, you have to let me know so I can see them and hug them all Congrats to all of you by the way.. What cuties you each have and the next bunch will be just as huggable! I have to say that I am thrilled to have you guys having a boy Jenn! I won't feel badly when one of my boys do something ridiculous like peg someone in the head with a ball or yell out what they did in the potty! I know you will know! haha..You have so much experience with little boys being a big sis that it is going to be a piece of cake and plenty of laughs for you! I have to get out to WV to see you...We have to make sure that we get these kids growing up together as much as we can! I am sappy...as usual....I know you are laughing...I am so sad we are not closer right now so I can give you a happy bday hug and blow a kiss to that sweetheart that is growing and my little angel Alex. Please tell them I love them as much as you can...Oh no...there I go..waterworks!! I love you! I will be there when he is born...I promise..the boys will be excited to hear-although I think Donovan will naturally assume that you are having a boy to play with Killian..cuz I don't think he is sharing Alexandra!...expect some painting or great art project in the mail from Donovan..you know he loves to send "creative love mess" all over the world! ha ha...
Marlon I can't wait to see your face as you hold your son. I know you have Daddy's little girl and nothing compares...but the weight of taking care of her is lighter with a little boy on the way...he will certainly look after her! Here I go again! My goodness...I didn't realize how much I miss you guys! Hugs and kisses to each of you...your sappy silly friend....Heidi
Congrats to your family! What a wonderful birthday surprise - a boy!!! How exciting! Keep us updated on how your feeling and we love all the pic's/stories of Alex and now your new bundle of joy. I can't wait to see how Alex welcomes her new baby brother. You'll have some great, funny stories to write now with the two of them and there interactions with each other. It's only been 3 months with my two boys together and boy -- I could write a book already about them. Anyway - we love you all so much and we are definately keeping you and your family in our prayers. We pray too for this little man to grow healthy and strong in there.
Miss you lots,
The Parsons
Hey Jenn it's Julie Cruz ( Gephart ). Congrats!!! I wanted to ask you what kind of heart problems they might be looking for? When I was pregnant with Jacob they didn't do any testing until they say an echogenic focus in his heart and then they only did 1 ultrasound a month to monitor. I was unhappy with those OB's and have recently switched. My mom has an aortic insuffiency and I have Mitral Valve prolaspe and Dan has an organic heart murmur, so heart problems do run in our family as well. We recently learned Jacob has a grade 1 murmur that we will just monitor as needed at regular well visits. I just wanted to know if we should pursue more testing when we are pregnant with #2, ( we're not yet, but I'm sure it wont be too long off from now ). Thanks. Talk to you later.
oooh, a little guy. how cute! what a great big sister Alex is going to be. Big sisters like to "mother" their little brothers. I'm sure she'll be a big helper!
Congrats, Jenn & Marlon. A perfect family. How blessed!
a little boy... so precious. i love my little guy more than i thought possible. and despite popular opinion, there ARE lots of cute clothes out there for little boys (and i'm buying about half of them)!! just be prepared (well prepared, at that), to have anything (furniture, carpet, walls, yourself, etc.) near changing areas sprayed with pee. it happens pretty often! - tam
Post a Comment