Monday, December 17, 2007

Home Again

I finally returned on Friday from my week-long trip to Philadelphia for work. Alex and Marlon had a great week of father-daughter bonding, which was long overdue for them--they both had fun so I didn't feel so bad about being gone all week! I'm very grateful that Alex enjoys spending time with her dad and doesn't miss me while I'm gone. She goes many months without seeing him very often when he is in season, so this time is definitely much needed for the both of them!

We spent Friday evening visiting with Marlon's college roommate, Greg, his wife Krista, and their son Luke. Luke and Alex are only about 2 months apart so they have fun playing together. We were hoping to head to State College on Saturday to visit with our old neighbors but the weather didn't cooperate, so I spent the rest of our weekend making cookies, doing laundry, wrapping presents, and cleaning (in addition to spending time catching up with my family!). We are heading to Philadelphia this weekend for the holidays, so I have a lot to do around the house before we go, including finishing up the last of my christmas shopping.

As for a pregnancy update, I'm 28 weeks along now and am beginning my once-every-2-week visits to the doctor. It's hard to believe I've reached that point already! I've definitely gotten much bigger (I need to post a picture once I take one) and I'm definitely uncomfortable doing things like getting up from sitting on the floor. I still have 3 months to go so I can only imagine how I'll feel a few months from now! We're still going back and forth on name choices for the baby---it's definitely been tougher this time around!

Here's a quick picture of Alex and "her Sophie"--this was taken while we were trying to capture our christmas card photo yesterday (a little late, I know). This was not the final choice but I still thought it was very cute.

6 comments:

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

We were sad that you weren't able to make it to State College! We miss you guys--we really need to make a date to come to WV and see all of you--we should try to do it soon since you'll have your hands full with a new baby boy!

Name picking is tough--you want to make sure you pick the right name and it's hard to know for sure! We took a real gamble with Maximus but I think it's working out so far :)

Let's chat soon!

Renee said...

what a sweet picture of Alex and "her sophie!" I love it!!
I can't believe you're already 28 weeks and going to the dr. every 2 weeks now. It is really flying by! we can't wait to see you guys next week!

Tamara said...

if it makes you feel any better, my christmas cards are NO WHERE CLOSE to being finished AND we just took our photo yesterday!! :) please give my love and hugs to your entire family since i won't be around! enjoy your 28 weeks.... you never know... you might be popping out a baby in just 8 weeks like i did!! :)

Megan said...

Enjoy your week at home before you head down this way again! I think you should come over and sign up for the sharing christmas tour I'm doing on my blog! we got a peak at your tree and since you were busy baking and wrapping gifts this weekend I know you have to stuff to share!

Josh said...

got your christmas card the other day! our little niece is looking so old!! kendy said that she looks like a 5 year old in that photo - still adorable though, of course! it will be good to see you all again in a couple of days.

btw, is marlon bringing any of his gaming devices??

Shelby said...

We just got your christmas card and we love it! She reminds me of that little girl from the movie Curly Sue...just to sweet! She is very camera friendly (mine just stare at the camera or run away. Takes many tries to get a smile - mostly with bribery)and ready to flash that beautiful smile! I love the pic on your blog too with Sophie. She is growing up so fast and just is so cute. We always look forward to her updates and pic's over here. Congrats on 28 weeks - your little man will be here before you know it! Drive safe this weekend and we hope you and your family have a very merry christmas and a happy new year! God Bless you and your family!