Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bitten by the bug

The Flu bug, that is. So far I have been spared, but I'm just waiting for it to hit me. This flu has been a doozy--Marlon has been laid up all week and is just now starting to feel better, and on Thursday afternoon Alex started coughing and by Friday morning she had a fever and was following in her dad's footsteps! We took her to the doctor Friday afternoon and they confirmed she indeed had the flu--they said we may have caught it early enough so they gave her a prescription for Tamiflu. By the time we were on our way to CVS she was pretty miserable and out of it. Just like Marlon, she doesn't get sick very often but this really seemed to take her out quickly! By Saturday morning she was doing MUCH better and had her energy and somewhat of an appetite back--as of now we've kept her in the house for the past few days so she's going a little stir crazy. I'm doing my best to keep my distance from the both of them, washing my hands constantly and Clorox wiping everything in sight! This baby and I can't afford to get sick at this stage of the game! We were never big on getting flu shots....we may be rethinking that next year. I'll have to try and capture some sick pictures to post. Right now I have to convince my child that taking a nap is in her best interest!

3 comments:

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

Sorry to hear about everyone being sick! The flu is no fun at all--I can't imagine having the flu while I was pregnant--I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you and the baby stay healthy!

Mike and I aren't flu shot people either--everyone we know who gets the flu shot ends up getting the flu anyway--so why bother! Keep me posted with how you make out!

Shelby said...

Hey - I agree with Amy's comment. Scott and I don't get the shot but people who have get it anyway - Brady got his and he got sick last week. So I'm on the fence with that one. I hope you and the baby stay healthy and I'm glad Alex is feeling alittle better since the med's have kicked in. I hope Marlon is coming around too - its not fun!

Renee said...

so sorry about the flu! never ever fun...
stay healthy and i'll pray you and baby don't get sick!