We are having Marlon's entire WVU men's soccer team to our house for thanksgiving (about 35 people in total!) and no, I am not doing the cooking. We are having the food provided by a catering company so I'm able to just look forward to eating, with the exception of making sure the house is clean! Then tomorrow Alex and I will head to my parents' house out in Hazleton, PA where they are spending the holidays, and we will celebrate by having our meal there on Friday. My grandparents, Aunt Carol, and Uncle Bruce drove out from Illinois, Josh, Kendy and Kaylee will be there, and I think Jon will be making it up with Nolan so it should be a great time! Marlon has practice (they are preparing for the NCAA playoffs) so he'll stay behind. It works out well since we are able to spend today with him and tomorrow with more family.
Just wanted to post a few pictures--these were taken last night as Alex helped me make red velvet cupcakes. She takes after her mommy and loves to lick the batter when we're done! My dad and I always shared this job growing up as my mom baked, and now Alex and I continue the tradition! As you can see, red velvet batter is very red and messy, but she enjoyed it! You may be thinking, what is she wearing??? Yes, in fact, she is wearing her bathing suit. Another one of those things she obsesses about--I figured it was a nice day outside (it reached 70's) so what harm could be done for an hour or so in the house before bed!


This one was taken a few days ago as Alex read to all her "friends" one afternoon. (this is her new bedding-the new furniture arrives on Tuesday so I'll post some of that soon once we are done!). She needs this big bed just to fit every stuffed animal she can find in there with her. This morning I found her pink rain boots and a pair of brown shoes in bed with all of the friends.



3 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving LeBlanc family! We are looking forward to seeing you sometime soon! Max is getting ready to have his first Thanksgiving dinner (in liquid form) and watching his first Thanksgiving day football game with Daddy!
Have a safe trip tomorrow and tell Marlon we said hello and good luck!
happy thanksgiving to you, too, dear friend! hugs to all of your family for me tomorrow and please share some snuggles with kaylee from me! sounds like you have two wonderful celebrations and the reality that you don't have to cook for either of them is AWESOME!!! i can't believe your weather is in the 70s... we've been in the 30s and 40s lately... brrrr!!! alex, however, looks darling in her bathing suit (it's really cute!) and lining up all her babies and friends to sleep with her (i used to do that when i was little)! i love her curly hair and her new bedding! can't wait to see the furniture! have a wonderful day today and a safe drive tomorrow and a great celebration with your family tomorrow. love ya! - tam
We hope you had a great Thanksgiving! It sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend with friends and family! I loved the pic's of Alex. She is getting so big and she is so hilarous! I'm sure she keeps the household in laughter all day long. The bedding is great and her bringing things in bed with her is too funny. Brady loves having all his "surprises" in his bed when I go up to get him each morning. Too cute. Well, we miss you and hope to hear how your weekend went. Give our Good Luck to Marlon and his team and we love you guys. :)
Post a Comment