Wanted to update you on a day of firsts--I will forewarn anyone who isn't a parent--this all has to do with potty training, so I apologize in advance! On Monday night Alex pooped in the potty for the first time without any prompting! She told me she needed to go, and she went. BIG breakthrough! Then on Tuesday she went to school in underwear and stayed dry all day! Another big breakthrough! She has been staying dry through the night for at least a week now, but I'm keeping her in pull-ups for a while longer to make sure we're ready for that big step. I'm not naive enough to think it's going to be this simple from now on, but it's a great start. We'll see how things go today. Those of you who have worked through potty training can hopefully understand my excitement over something so small!
On another note, I can't believe that December is just a few days away. Does anyone else feel that the christmas holidays are sneaking up on us this year? I've actually gotten almost all of my shopping done already (yet another first!), so next on the agenda is to cut down our christmas tree. With Marlon's season still going (they have advanced to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA's), we'll have to wait until we can find a day that works for him, but hopefully we can get one very soon--one of my favorite things to do every holiday season. What holiday traditions do you enjoy?
The One With the Toilet Seat
4 days ago


3 comments:
I'm so proud of Alex!! Whaahoo - that's great to hear she is doing wonderfully with the potty training. I can't believe it either - Christmas is almost here. Kudos to you on getting that Christmas shopping done! Two of our traditions is definately taking that family photo with our crazy christmas hats and watching the Christmas Story movie. Once that is on TV, you know the holidays are here! I can't wait for Brady to help decorate our tree too - I'm sure this year he'll understand it better and have a blast. Please show some pic's of your family decorating the tree too - I bet Alex will have so much fun! Miss yas
yay alex!!!!!!! that is WONDERFUL news! we will soon be starting with nolan in the near future i'm sure (after the new baby isn't so "new" anymore) - nolan's diapers look HUGE compared to Mia's as well as his tushy :)
tell her aunt nay nay is proud of her!
yeah for alex! great job! keep up the good parenting, jenn! :) as for Christmas... i'm a bit OVERWHELMED (and have never felt that before) for this year. i think it's b/c my "to do" list keeps getting longer (i haven't purchased ONE gift yet. nope, not one, which is rare for me) and with baby davey's schedule still being a bit unpredictable, i guess i'm just stressing a little about how it will all get done. thankfully i have a wonderfully calm husband who just looks at me and tells me not to worry. and it works. he really does help me "chill out!" happy (almost) december to you!
Post a Comment