Thursday, November 1, 2007

Catching up...

I've got a lot to catch up on! The last 5 days have been very busy for Alex and I. Marlon has been on the road a lot recently, but that hasn't stopped us from having some fun! This post has a bunch of pictures so enjoy!

Alex was invited to her first birthday party for a classmate from school, Anthony. The party was on Sunday at the local farm--it was a sunny day but a little cold when the wind blew--but Alex and the other kids had a great time! They got to pick a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch, jump on trampolines, ride in the little cars that were pulled by a tractor (see picture below), see some animals at the petting zoo, and ride a hayride. Great idea for the whole family! The picture is of Alex and her friend, Jarrett, who we spend a lot of time with.
I had to add this picture, taken after we got home from the farm, because Alex looks so big! (I think it's the shoes!). These are her newest obsession--rain boots. Nana gave them to her a few months ago, and I was worried that she will probably outgrow them by the time spring rolls around, so I let her wear them to the farm. She's worn them every day since!

On Monday we headed to Philadelphia for a few days. On the way we stopped in to visit Josh, Kendy, and Kaylee! Kaylee is a beautiful baby, and Alex loved everything about her! She wanted to hold her, kiss her, pet her head, give her a binky, tuck her blanket around her. I'm hoping this is a good sign of things to come!


After leaving Josh and Kendy's, we headed out to spend a little time with Jon, Renee, and Nolan! We hadn't been to visit them in a while, and we wanted to give Alex and Nolan a little time to play together and get a chance to see Renee one more time before baby Mia arrives! I didn't get many good pics of the kids together because they were always on the run, often in different directions, but I wanted to include one of my little nephew Nolan, who is totally adorable and not so little anymore!

We headed on to Grammy and Granddad's, our final destination, where Alex got to play with Grammy on Tuesday when I went to work for a bit then headed off to visit Carter, my new nephew! It was so great that he happened to come into the world when I was in the area so I was able to get an early peek at him! He is also a cutie--congrats to Lauren & Jon!

And last but not least, we drove home yesterday just in time for Halloween! This was the first year Alex actually went out trick or treating--last year we had just moved to WV so we stayed at home and dressed her up and let her hand out candy. She caught on very quickly (after some practice run-throughs in the car)--we actually went to another neighborhood so Alex could go around with her friends Jarrett and Jameson--and she had a great time! She walked the entire way, didn't get scared at all, and probably would have continued going for hours if her bag of candy wasn't so heavy! At one house they walked to the door and knocked, and while waiting for someone to answer I actually heard her yell "Hello--is anybody there?" I just laughed and thought--was that really my kid? She went as a ladybug (in case you couldn't tell) and she loved flapping her "wings" like a ladybug would do. I couldn't get her to smile for a photo (as usual) but at least she didn't look miserable in this one!

2 comments:

Renee said...

love all the pics Jenn!! we had so much fun visiting with you and Alex and I'm so glad Alex and Nolan were able to play together. congrats Lauren and Jon! He's a cutie....
Looks like we'll see you soon enough again, for you to visit yet another newly born neice of yours!

1dermama said...

Look at all these children! How cute! Alex must be getting excited for her little brother!