Saturday, March 15, 2008

Another few days come and gone

and I am still here! (marlon found this photo of my stomach amusing).


After having only one night (Thursday) of what I would classify as false labor where I really thought I was finally going to have this baby, I've been feeling pretty good ever since! I had a pretty good night's sleep last night with the exception of Alex waking up looking for her (fake) chocolate ice cream cone and then again needing to go to the bathroom. I decided to post a few pictures taken this week to entertain you, since these pre-baby posts are getting a little old!!

Here is a photo of the month frames for the baby's room that my mom did. You had to imagine they would have a soccer theme, right? They turned out really cute--now if only I could have a baby sometime in March to put into that first one!
Here are some pictures of Alex and her various activities...dying easter eggs...

Painting with watercolors...

And painting with fingerpaints!!!


I have a few more photos to get off of my mom's camera that are cute. Hope you enjoy! Today it looks like we may be able to make it Alex's friend Jarrett's birthday party (never imagined we'd be able to do that), and maybe even Marlon's team soccer banquet that is tonight. Our church is performing the Passion play today and tomorrow, so we might even be able to make it to that one of these days. Look at all these great opportunities I get to have since this baby is giving me some extra time!

6 comments:

Renee said...

oh my goodness, that belly pic is so funny (and cute!) He's cuddled up on the one side... :)
Love the soccer frames - your mom did a great job.
Alex looks like such a big girl!
Can't wait to see you all!

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

I went into labor after going to a wedding--so maybe the banquet will do it for you! I've been thinking about your everyday!

Love the soccer frames! What could I do to get your mom to make some for me--I love your crafty family!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy--Give me an idea of what type of theme you would like with them and we can get some made for you! The biggest challenge is just deciding how to decorate them (what colors, what decorations). Let me know and we can get to work on them--heck, this could even be a waiting-for-baby project that my mom and I can tackle!

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

Thanks Jenn! That was one of those projects I kept saying I was going to do, but just never did--and probably won't! Max doesn't have a specific theme in his room as you know :) His room and bedding is light green, white & brown so you could go with those colors (brown frames with white and green decorations). I'm not feeling so crafty so that's what I can come up with right now--if I think of something else soon I'll send you another note! THANK YOU!

1dermama said...

it's going to be a St Paddy's day baby! that's a dream come true!

VERY cute frames!

Shelby said...

I just read the good news about you maybe having the baby today! How exciting. The belly shot is great! He is loving it in there :) .. Your mom did an excellent job on the frames - That's a great idea to take a pic of your son each month and see the changes - I never did that and looking back I really wished I did! You and your family have such great ideas and are so creative - I'm learning alot from you all! We are keeping you all in our prayers :)