.jpg)
Here is a photo of the 38/39 week belly. I am at the stage where most of my pants no longer fit me, so this baby can't come soon enough. Luckily I don't have too much dressing up to do since I'm working from home every day. Still no real labor contractions--just the occasional run of Braxton Hicks. My next dr's appt. is on Friday so we'll finally get to see if there are any signs of labor in the foreseeable future!
Below are a few pictures recently taken of the big sister to be. She's dressed in one of her signature skirts--I can keep her in pants during the week for school but come evenings and weekends it's all about skirts and dresses. (she definitely does NOT get that from her mom!). She loves wearing her princess crown from Aunt Renee (aren't you proud Renee?!!) and her newest thing, which I have to find a way to video tape and post on here, is to put the crown on my head so I can be the princess. She then says "Princess Mommy, your wish... (with a dramatic pause) is my command" while she backs up and bows to the ground while gesturing with her arms. It's just TOO funny--I just haven't broken the video camera out yet to tape it, but I'll have to try tonight. I'm thinking she got this from one of her Care Bears movies--she says it so theatrically she had to have gotten it from somewhere..jpg)
.jpg)
We're also crossing our fingers that we don't get the stomach virus that my friend Jess and her boys have come down with (after we spent the afternoon and evening with them on Saturday)--it seems to be a 24-hour bug, and it started with her youngest son, then worked it's way to his brother and to her yesterday, so we're hoping that the telling 48-hour period has passed and that we are hopefully in the clear! Alex also has seen the boys at school over the past 2 days so we're hoping there are no more traces of it that they are sharing--that's the last thing we need right now! (aside from the fact that they are our babysitter for Alex when I go into labor--I can't very well send her over to their house if they are all sick!) Keep us in your prayers over the coming days that we all stay healthy and that they all recover in time to help us out with Alex until my parents make it out here!
One last update--I made the deceptively delicious turkey burgers last week and the feedback was mixed--the flavor was really good for burgers but we weren't used to the texture of a turkey burger. I think next time I will make the burgers with ground beef and they will be much better. Alex didn't seem to mind them, and I could get used to them, but Marlon couldn't get past the fact that the burger practically fell apart in your mouth. Also, the recipe called for chopped up fresh garlic but I wasn't a fan of chunks of garlic in my burger, so next time I will probably substitute garlic powder or garlic salt instead. Thought I'd share in case you were interested!


5 comments:
your belly looks fabulous!
and alex is such a cutie! looking forward to the video of princess mommy! love the deceptive cooking updates. must get that book. i feel like all i serve is chicken nuggets!
ahhh! can't wait to see baby boy leblanc! i can't BELIEVE how close you are...you're going to do great!
you should totally blog when your contractions are starting, like i did - hehe :)
i LOVE that alex loves her princess crown so much! that is too cute how she makes you princess mommy! she must have some of aunt renee in her :)
we'll pray you all stay healthy!
Hi Jenn! I keep checking the blog to see if there is any new baby news--you're belly looks FANTASTIC! You still look so small! I can't wait to see pics of you little boy--as much as I wanted a girl, I LOVE having a little boy! I can't believe I'm even saying that, but it's sooooo true! You'll soon find out how fun they are!
Be sure to keep drinking your water, keep your feet up and take lots of walks to move that baby down!
I forgot to mention in my last post that in the first picture of Alex, so looks like Nolan--especially in the eyes!
i am so glad that you posted a picture of that belly! so fun! hope he comes real soon! I'm sticking with the 10th as the birthday! we are so anxious to meet this little guy and really hope we can visit soon after his arrival if it suites! love you guys! hugs!
Post a Comment