It never boils. That's kind of how I'm feeling! I'm starting to think this baby isn't coming any time soon. I must have made him a nice home in my tummy and he has no interest in coming out. My parents decided to go ahead and come up on Sunday evening, so that has been nice to have them here and available to take care of Alex if I ever go into labor. The only down side is that now the clock is ticking--they can't stay here forever so I hope I have this baby soon enough so they can be here with Alex while I am in the hospital! If this baby doesn't arrive by tomorrow I do have a dr's appt. tomorrow afternoon, so I'm not sure if we'll start talking inducing at that point. I have periods of discomfort, more of a crampy feeling, but no real contractions and the baby is still pretty active.
Alex is loving her time spent with Grammy and Granddad, which is great. They hadn't seen her since christmas so they had a lot of catching up to do! They've been doing a ton of puzzles (Alex's new interest) and they dyed easter eggs yesterday. My mom, Alex and I went to the mall so I could walk around for a bit (guess that didn't help labor start), then I had chinese for dinner last night - some spicy (no luck there either), so today I think we'll head out to do some more shopping and get this baby moving around a bit. Marlon didn't feel well all day yesterday and came home from work early to spend the rest of the day in bed--hopefully he is feeling better this morning when he wakes up.
That's about all that is happening here. Hopefully THIS is my last post before the baby arrives...
The One With the Toilet Seat
4 days ago


5 comments:
Go get a massage and a pedicure!! That should work--there are lots of trigger points that will help to get labor going. I had a pedicure on Friday and Max was born on Sunday--I'm thinking it helped. I can't remember if I had a massage that week or not--I think I may have.
Hang in there--this is the longest part of being pregnant! Mike and I talked to Max every day about coming out--try that, maybe he needs a little encouragement :)
I just had a pedicure last week--no luck there either! I think when I finally do go into labor Marlon isn't going to believe me--we've been talking about it for so long!
I was 8 days overdue in the doctors office having contractions on a Monday with Edie, they were talking about inducing me on Wednesday. Edie was born 4 hours later. She waited to come, but when she decided to come she came fast. Good luck, I remember feeling the same way as you!
Go for the massage this week--and make sure to ask for the labor trigger points--if nothing else, at least you'll have an hour to relax--maybe that's all you need! Good luck!
I know you're so anxious Jenn... I feel for you! Walking definitely helped things get going for me. I would have contractions when I walked around the house, but when I sat down they stopped. So, I literally kept walking walking walking... doing laps around the house, and the contractions kept speeding up. If you feel the slightest contraction, start the walking! :) we can't wait to hear the news!
Post a Comment