So I guess God feels we can handle the stomach virus with a baby due to arrive any day. Alex woke up around 11:30 pm and crawled into my bed--first sign something strange was going on. She seemed a little out of sorts and when I asked if her stomach hurt she said "Yes" and I thought "UH OH". Marlon has practice from 10pm-12am so he wasn't home. I managed to get her into the bathroom before she got sick--unfortunately it went all over the floor but I didn't think fast enough for plan B (this is my first experience with her and a stomach bug--she had it once before but I was out of town). So now it's almost 12:30 am and we're settled in with a Dora movie and a pretty pink bowl for her to "spit" in if she feels the need. If this is anything like what my friend and her boys had, we're in for a long night of hourly episodes. Marlon is on his way home with some ginger ale and popsicles, and I feel horrible that I want to stay as far away from her as possible to try to prevent getting sick so close to my due date--I don't want this to send me into labor! **side note--I didn't even make it through this post before the pink bowl came in handy....any suggestions for the stomach bug with a 2 1/2 year old???
2 comments:
oh gosh, I am so very sorry.... that's awful.... poor alex....
I will pray extra hard you don't get it too.... and that Alex's only lasts 24 hours.
no suggestions as we haven't had the throw ups with Nolan (just the other end...)
keep her in the bath tub a lot to help her belly and so if she gets sick, it's contained? ginger ale and popsicles seem good, and maybe saltines when she gets braver...
give her hugs from us!
We recently went through a bad virus with Jacob. One suggestion is only feed her light foods, applesauce, crackers, bread, things like that. But don't feed her anything until she is keeping down fluids. Ginger ale is good...make sure it's flat though, and gatorade or pedialyte is also good too keep her hydrated. All Jacob wanted to do was watch movies and we let him to keep him happy so he didn't make himself throw up from crying. Sometimes rules have to be put aside when they are sick to help them get better. It is harder to get back to rules when they get better just so you know so be careful which rules you let go. Good luck.
Post a Comment