Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kellan Jack

Our little boy has finally arrived! Kellan Jack was born yesterday, St. Patrick's Day, at 4:26 pm weighing in at 7 lbs., 14 oz. and 21 inches long. I did not end up making it to the hospital in time for the epidural (this was NOT part of my plan!) so labor was significantly less enjoyable the second time around, but I survived! I will post more details later but I wanted to share a few photos and say thanks for all your prayers! We are all doing well and looking forward to going home tomorrow. Alex came to visit us last night for a few hours with my parents and she did very well. She's on her way here now with my mom to spend some time with us for a bit before her and grammy head to the movies to see Horton Hears a Who!

Enjoy the photos!

10 comments:

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

CONGRATULATIONS JENN!!! I'm so excited that Kellan has finally arrived! I know you didn't want to have the baby without the epidural, but I'm so proud of you for doing without one!

Are there more pics of Kellan somewhere else on the post--I was only able to see one of him. Give him a kiss for us--and Alex too!

Mike, Amy, Max and Lily said...

I forgot to add that I hope this time around you did have quite as much "trauma" as you did with Alex! Can't wait to talk to you! Let me know when a good time would be to call. I don't want to overwhelm you!

Mindy said...

Way to go, he looks pretty cute. I can't wait to hear stories and see more pics. That is crazy about the epidural, I can't imagine. It is crazy how fast it goes the second time around.

Shelby said...

Hooray he's here!! Welcome baby Kellan (I love his name :)... You did a great job mommy and Alex is so cute holding him - she looks so proud! .. Kellan is the same measurements as Chase and they are both second babies - pretty neat! We look forward to hearing how everyone is when you all get home and again - we are so happy for you and your family and we are keeping you all in our prayers - praise God for Kellan being healthy and strong!! What a blessing.

Tamara said...

GORGEOUS! he is GORGEOUS! and he looks bigger than his weight. God bless you for the delivery without an epidural... even though it wasn't your plan. i can't wait to meet your beautiful son! (i LOVE his name)! Alex looks like a proud big sister.... hopefully that will continue as Kellan comes home and works his way into the family routine!

Megan said...

Congrats! I have to say that it is awesome that your labor went so quickly - you always hear stories of people barely making it to the hospital and now it's happened to you! I love the name so much - perfect fit! I'm looking forward to hearing more and seeing more pictures..

Renee said...

welcome my little nephew, baby Kellan!! I just love that name so much! Jenn, I know I already talked to you, but once again, I'm so proud of you and you and Marlon brought a healthy and beautiful son into the world. Congrats big sister Alex!! We can't wait to meet and hold him and we love all 4 of you!!

Rebecca Lederman said...

Not only am I so impressed you delivered without an epidural, but how in the heck you are blogging from the hospital I have no idea! Congratulations on your new baby boy. Mark, Maya and I cannot wait to meet Kellan Jack.

Feel good!

Unknown said...

i totally knew he was coming on st patricks day! what a little blessing! he's gorgeous jenn. congrats to you, marlon and alex. through this blog, i look forward to watching your family of 4 grow together. God Bless! And congrats!

Kendy said...

awww! so glad i got to see this hair i heard about that kaylee and i are so jealous of... haha! We are sooo excited to meet little kellan... it looks like he is already practicing his soccer kicks in that one picture of just him! haha! he has his leg up in kicking position! hehe! hope you are feeling well jenn! we are so happy for you all! Good job holding Kellan, Alex! You look like a great big sister!